Welcome to Rebel Runners ~ Medway!
As our name suggests, we are a running club based in the Medway area of Kent in the South East of England.
Formed in 2014, we are now one of the largest and best known clubs in the area, renowned for our friendly and supportive nature.
What Rebel Runners~Medway offers:
affiliation to UK Athletics as part of our membership. This grants you discounts on UKA recognised races, and other member benefits.
free 8-9 week, volunteer led, ‘Couch to 5k’ programmes several times per year that will get you fit enough to be able run 5 kilometres (3 miles) without stopping.
several pages to help support your running activities, dietary needs and advice on any injuries
access to our spotted game where you can win a monthly prize for being spotted the most in our shirts
access to the Rebel Ballot for a London Marathon place in 2018*
*VLM ballot entry criteria:
1) You are a paid up, affiliated Rebel (first claim*) by 1st April 2017 and agree to renew in April 2018 (upfront payment will be expected before claiming place)
2) You will have attempted to gain entry in the public ballot. (Proof of rejection will be required)
3) You agree to pay the VLM entry fee
4) You agree to wear club colours during the race
5) If you are successful in the club ballot this year, you will be unable to go into the club ballot for the following 3 years.
6) Most importantly you need to win a place in the draw by getting the 20 Rebel Events Points!!
About Rebel Event points
Get at least 20 REBEL EVENT points between 1st April and 31st October 2017 which can be made up by attending:
• A maximum of 5 volunteer attendances at parkrun and junior parkrun (combined – not 5 at each)
• A maximum of 5 parkrun attendances (as a runner)
• Attending Monday and Wednesday team runs (1 point per attendance)
• Attending UKA/EA or RR endorsed events as a Rebel in Rebel Runner colours (1 point per attendance)
What you need to do now:
• Wait until VLM entry is open…….then enter!
• Keep your VLM rejection email – forward to us (October)