Welcome to Rebel Runners ~ Medway!
As our name suggests, we are a running club based in the Medway area of Kent in the South East of England.
Formed in 2014, we are now one of the largest and best known clubs in the area, renowned for our friendly and supportive nature.
What Rebel Runners~Medway offers:
Affiliation to UK Athletics as part of our membership. This grants you discounts on UKA recognised races, and other member benefits.
For members and non members we have a free 8-9 week, coach led, ‘Couch to 5k’ programme that will get you fit enough to be able run 5 kilometres (3 miles) without stopping.
8 week coach led, 5k to 10k programme getting you ready for a 10k race once you have graduated from 5k.
Several pages to help support your running activities, dietary needs and advice on any injuries
Access to the Rebel Ballot for a London Marathon place in 2020*
*VLM ballot entry criteria 2020:
1. You have to be a fully paid up affiliated Rebel, first claim by 31st March 2019 and agree to renew in April 2020 (upfront payment will be expected by 31st December 2019 before claiming a place)
2. You must email email@example.com with your confirmation of entry email into the ‘VLM 2020 Public Ballot’ that will be open shortly after the VLM 2019 has taken place
3. If successful in the club ballot you will agree to pay the VLM entry fee by 31st December 2019
4. You will agree to wear the club first kit colours (black) during the race
5. You must gain 20 points between 1st April and 31st October 2019 which can be made up by attending:
* Monday and Wednesday team runs or Thursday track sessions (no maximum)
* A maximum of 5 parkruns
* A maximum of 5 volunteer attendances at parkrun and/or junior parkrun (combined – not 5 at each)
* maximum of 5 UKA endorsed events as a Rebel in Rebel Runner colours.
6. If you are successful in the club ballot this year you will be unable to go into the club ballot for the following 3 years.
7. If you gain entry in the public ballot or gain a charity place please email asap so that we can remove you from the Rebel ballot.
8. Ensure you are registered on the Power of 10 (see link attached) and that your profile is up to date with your races/parkrun attendances.