Who we are
Welcome to Rebel Runners ~ Medway! As our name suggests, we are a running club based in the Medway area of Kent in the South East of England.
Since our conception in early 2014, the Rebel Runners ~ Medway have truly gone from strength to strength. Our early life started with a few like-minded people who love to run getting together, and we have rapidly become one of the largest and best known clubs in the area, renowned for our friendly and supportive nature.
What you get…
- Affiliation with UK Athletics. This is part of our membership and grants you cheaper access to UKA recognised races as well as a host of other member benefits.
- 2 free 8-9 week, volunteer led, couch to 5k program per year that will get you fit enough to be able run 5k without stopping
- 2 Leader in Running Fitness led runs per week. Mondays at 19:00 and Wednesdays at 19:30
- Several different pages to help support your running activities, dietary needs and advice on any injuries
- Access to our spotted game where you can win a monthly prize for being spotted the most in our shirts
- Access to the Rebel Ballot for a London Marathon place. Please note, there are several conditions to be met before entry:
You have to:
- Be an affiliated Rebel, first claim, this April and agree to renew in April 2017 (upfront payment will be expected before claiming place)
- Have attempted to gain entry in the public ballot. (Proof of rejection will be required)
- Agree to pay the VLM entry fee
- Agree to wear club colours during the race
- Have attended a total of 15 of the following events in any quantity between 1st April 2016 and the Rebel draw date, November 28th 2016:
Team Runs, parkruns and any England Athletics recognised race, (we request that parkruns and races be run in club colours.)
For those unfortunate enough to pick up an injury over the important 8 months preceding the marathon, we will count volunteering at a local parkrun for up to 5 of the 15 events.
Finally, if you are successful in the club ballot this year, you will be unable to go into the club ballot for the following 3 years.