Here are the results of the 2017 Club Champs!
How it works
Our Club Championships are an annual event, comprising 14 events;
3 at 5k,
4 at 10k,
3 at 10 miles,
3 at half marathon
and 1 at full marathon distance.
Points are scored in two ways;
firstly by finish position,
and secondly by earning bonus points if a personal best is achieved.
The three categories in this Club Championship comprise of;
Senior (up to 39 yrs. old)
Vets (40 – 49 yrs. old)
Supervets (50 yrs. +)
The category within which runner competes is decided for the year based on their age at the end of the Club Championships scoring year (mid November).
The first runner home in each division receives 25 points, the second 24 and so on down to 5 points for remaining runners.
All runners who complete a Club Championship event will receive at least 5 points.
Bonus points are awarded for setting a new personal best:
- 3 points are awarded for a PB.
- An extra point can be earned for each full minute under a previous PB, to a maximum award of 7 bonus points in a single event in each category.
- Marathon scoring will take any UKA qualifying Marathon in the months of April or May. Times will be accumulated and points given for quickest times. (it will be the responsibility of the runner the tell us of marathon event completed in qualifying months).
- Only the runners best 12 events from the 14 available will be counted towards the Club Championships
- As we are a fairly new Club, all personal bests times prior to the Club Championships commencing will be taken from the The Power of 10 and Run Britain Rankings sites. New PB’s from non-qualifying events will be continually updated but points will only be awarded if they are achieved at a Club Championship event.
- Admissible times need to have been achieved in the last 2 years from commencement of Club Championships. New Members If a new member joins the Club after the Club Championships have commenced they will have to wait until next year to participate. New members can of course enter the events, but will not take part in this year’s Club Championships or be awarded points.
If a new member joins the Club after the Club Championships have commenced they will have to wait until next year to participate. New members can of course enter the events, but will not take part in this year’s Club Championships or be awarded points.